Every design from Destroy A Drum has a concept and story behind the artwork. With the illustrated line we strive to bring to life the personality and emotions we feel behind the kit with every design. All designs are extremely limited and only a certain amount of tees will be pressed.
This design was inspired by the all time kings of thrash and metal, Metallica and their mosh pit anthem "Whiplash". Whiplash is a serious medical condition, and with enough head banging and wild body movement can cause injuries. As every wild thrashing drummer knows, after performing a grueling set whipping your entire body in all directions leaves you with a 'Whiplash' after-effect. The concept of the Octopus Tee came from a bystander's perspective on what a drummer looks like going completely wild and unleashed behind a drum set, creating a 'Whiplash' viewpoint. The perspective of whiplash is often associated with drummers, and what better way to represent an outrageous one behind a drum set than with a GLOW IN THE DARK WICKED OCTOPUS! With a simple design that speaks volumes, each illustration has a different story to tell. What's YOURS?
DESTROY A DRUM. Enough Said.
- 50% cotton, 50% polyester
- Made with up to 5% recycled polyester from plastic bottles
- Dries faster than 100% cotton
- Double-needle stitching throughout
- Cover-seamed neck with lay flat collar
- Tag-free neck label; shoulder-to-shoulder tape
- Glows in the dark under black light
- We recommend our products be hang-dried to ensure the quality lasts longer